Tickets now available for Celebrating Service: The 2017 Heart of Gold Dinner & Auction
Tickets to Celebrating Service: The 2017 Heart of Gold Dinner & Auction are now on sale! They can be purchased at www.wilsonvillerotary.com/heart or at https://wilsonvillerotary.ejoinme.org/tickets.
The signature event put on by the Rotary Club of Wilsonville will be held Saturday, February 25, 2017 at the Holiday Inn Wilsonville, 25425 SW 95th Ave., Wilsonville, Oregon. Doors will be open and the silent auction will begin at 5 p.m. The awards dinner and live auction will follow at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $60 per individual, $120 per couple or $480 per table of eight.
The annual Heart of Gold event serves to recognize local volunteers, including one individual or couple who will be chosen for Wilsonville’s highest volunteer honor — the First Citizen award. Finalists for this year’s award were recently announced by the Rotary club. This year’s theme, “Mahalo to You,” has a Hawaiian theme that will bring some warmth and sunshine to this well-attended winter event.
“Our Heart of Gold Dinner and Auction exists so we can celebrate Wilsonville’s great volunteers and support Rotary’s great service projects, ” Rotary Club president Richard Martens said. These projects include:
- Wilsonville Chess Program — Local students learn the game of chess — and the thinking and self-discipline that come along with it — with assistance, instruction and support from a teacher advisor and Wilsonville Rotary volunteers.
- International Projects — Rotary is known for working with clubs in other countries on projects. These projects include water projects in the Third World, solar energy in Tanzania via Operation Solar Hope, the fight to End Polio Now, and many others. New projects are selected each year.
- Omelet/Pancake Breakfasts — Wilsonville Rotary supplies labor and food and donates the proceeds to local schools. Sometimes we feed hungry volunteers, including at Wilsonville WERK Day. On Veterans Day we honor American veterans with a free breakfast.
- Scholarships — We support students graduating from Wilsonville High School and Art Tech High School with grants to help fund their higher education dreams.
- Summer Concerts — These free, top-quality, family friendly concerts delight and unite the community and raise funds for End Polio Now.
- Through A Child’s Eyes — This partnership with Coffee Creek Correctional Facility strengthens families and helps inmates be better parents both before and after release.
At the 2016 Heart of Gold Celebration, Sherine and Jaimy Beltran were honored. Prior winners include Donna Bane, Kathryn Whittaker, Jay Puppo, Dick Spence, Debi Laue, Lonnie and Julie Gieber, Theonie Gilmore, Anne Easterly, Ron Anderson, Bob and Judy Woodle, Alan Kirk, Doris Wehler, Sue Ludlow, John Ludlow, Charlotte Lehan, and Dr. Laura LaJoie Bishop.
Proceeds from the Heart of Gold Dinner and Auction will go to support local and international service projects of the Wilsonville Rotary Foundation. Sponsorships are also available. For more details, log on to www.wilsonvilleheart.com.