About Wilsonville Rotary
The Rotary Club of Wilsonville was founded in 1975 and today has more than 30 members. We carry out local and international service projects, enjoy lively fellowship, and practice the Rotary motto of “Service Above Self.” Some of our notable service projects include the following:
- THROUGH A CHILD’S EYES — This one-of-a-kind program at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility encourages better parenting, rebuilds families, reduces recidivism, and breaks the intergenerational cycle of crime.
- WILSONVILLE ROTARY SUMMER CONCERTS – These family-friendly, top-quality Thursday evening shows attract tourism and build community while raising awareness and funds to eradicate polio forever.
- COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WILSONVILLE GRADS – We support outstanding local graduates with three scholarships, awarded on the basis of need, merit, service and character.
- INTERNATIONAL CLEAN WATER PROJECTS – We grant funds to projects under the supervision of Rotary International, because no one in the world should have to drink unclean water.
- BOONES FERRY PRIMARY CHESS FOR SUCCESS – Our new chess mentoring program helps primary school students learn new skills, develop thinking abilities and gain confi dence.
- WILSONVILLE ROTARY’S FAMOUS OMELET BREAKFASTS – We serve a great meal to support local volunteers with the Wilsonville Relay for Life and WERK Day, as well as to raise funds for local schools, Wilsonville Youth Sports, international disaster relief and other causes.
Our weekly meetings are held every Thursday at noon at Al Kader Shrine Center, 8651 SW Salish Lane, Wilsonville, Ore. Guests and visitors are always welcome. For more information, contact club President Mary Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org, or log onto our website at www.wilsonvillerotary.com.